GENERAL INSTURCTIONS FOR MOST TATTOOS
1. Wear the bandage for at least 2 hours* and remove it by washing your tattoo with warm water and unscented liquid hand soup. Such as Dial or Soft Soap. Pat dry with a paper towel. *if I put a Tagoderm clear bandage on your tattoo scroll down to the Tagoderm instructions.
2. Wash your tattoo again right before you go to bed and as soon as you wake up each day for at least 2 weeks.
!!!ONLY USE A UNSCENTED LIQUID HAND SOAP or one specifically designed for tattoos (H2O Ocean, tattoo goo, etc.). ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR TATTOO!!!!!
If you are gonna heal your tattoo using AQUAPHORE, scroll down to those instructions.
3. Apply a moderate amount of white unscented hand lotion (Lubriderm, Jerkins, Eucerin, etc..) two to three times daily for at least two weeks.
4. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH AT YOUR TATTOO!!!
5. DO NOT SOAK IT IN WATER! Stay out of the bath tub (SHOWERS ONLY!), pool, hot tub, and ocean.
A.) Before bed wash your tattoo and pat dry with paper towel. Gently massage a thin layer of AQUAPHORE into your tattoo and wrap it with plastic wrap. You can sleep in it.
B.). First thing when you wake up immediately remove the plastic wrap and wash it. Let it breathe all day. Make sure to wear clean clothes on whatever part of the body you got tattooed.
Repeat A and B for three nights in a row.
After 3rd night follow the GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS above.
When you take the bandage off after 24 hours, wash it really well and let breathe the rest of the day. NO onitments or lotions.
At this point you decide to either follow the above general instructions or buy your own Tagoderm patch and rebandage your tattoo. IF you choose to continue using the Tagoderm, follow the instructions on the box. The benefits of the Tagoderm is that its a breathable barrier for your tattoo. It will allow you to have some more freedom in clothing choices and generally heals quicker. ALWAYS WASH YOUR TATTOO AND PAT DRY WITH PAPER TOWEL BEFORE APPLYING A NEW TAGODERM PATCH.
After 5th day stop using the Tagoderm and follow the general instructions above.